I hope that you’ve ushered in the New Year in excitement and anticipation of what the year has to offer.
I believe that the way you spend the first month of each year sets the tone for how you’ll be spending the remaining eleven months. Remember, it takes 21 days to form a habit so your actions in the first month of the year could become habitual acts for the remainder of the year.
To ensure that I do everything within my control to be productive and have a pleasant year, I am going to leave all the baggage that came with 2016 behind. Granted, we can’t control everything that happens to us but we can make an effort to control how we react to them.
With this in mind, here are some of the things I’d like to do in this month of January to set a tone for the rest of the year
- Have a morning and evening routine
- Be more grateful and have a positive outlook on life
- Learn to enjoy exercising
- Try out a new recipe and bring some variety to my meals
- Find someone in addition to yourself to care deeply for (i.e. give more)
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this. Do share your thoughts on the things you can do to set the tone for 2017. Subsequent posts this month will be themed on the idea of setting the tone for the year.